Information for Sellers
There are many reasons why someone sells a home: to advance a career by relocating, to get a bit more room for a growing family, or to harvest the bounty of a long life well lived. Whatever your reason, selling your home can be one of the most rewarding events of your life.
Just as reasons for selling vary, so does the timing of a sale. If there’s a job waiting in another city, you may need to move fast. Whereas if a property has been in the family for many years, you may want time to say goodbye. Starting with a thoughtful discussion of what you hope to achieve, we’ll tailor a master plan that exactly suits your needs. At Zane, we see real estate as an eminently personal service, so selling your home should be emotionally satisfying as well.
Whatever the speed of a transaction, our preparation is always fastidious. Before a house goes on the market, we do our utmost to anticipate and answer every question a buyer might ask. Then we schedule and manage every aspect of bringing a house to market including:
- Evaluating the property and setting an offering price that will generate the best sales price
- Identifying everything that needs doing to show your house at its best.
- Marketing your home to reach the largest number of qualified buyers possible.
- Creating a disclosure package so comprehensive that prospective buyers can decide quickly and, typically, make offers without contingencies.
Our ultimate objective is, of course, attaining the very best price for your property and guiding the sale to a smooth, successful conclusion. Thanks to solid preparation and square dealing, we’d like to think that everyone goes home happy.
Marketing Your Home
Our overarching aim is to provide you with the knowledge necessary to go from thinking about selling your home to achieving a successful sale.
The Zane team will identify and oversee the most cost effective repairs and improvements for your home and execute a marketing plan that we develop with you. To that end, our highly experienced listing agents are assisted by an extensive network of respected vendors and contractors whom we have worked with over the years.
All of our services are designed to obtain the highest return on your investment and take the hassle out of the preparation process, so you can continue with your day-to-day living.
Our services to home sellers include:
- We will educate you about the market and the selling process
- Develop a strategy based on your goals
- Analyze your property and estimate its market value
- Revisit pricing just prior to launching marketing
- We will obtain inspections and prepare disclosure documents
- Advise on property preparations that will optimize value
- Obtain bids for repairs and improvements
- Manage the plan approved by the seller
- Our team will also develop a marketing strategy
- Produce marketing materials: including professional photography, custom web site, brochures, display ads and the like
- Hold open houses for agents and the public as appropriate
- Follow-up on all prospective buyers
- We’ll next assess offers: terms, conditions, agent, and buyer
- Verify buyer’s financial capacity to close
- Negotiate the best deal
- Shepherd the process to a successful closing