Information for Buyers
If diligence is the mother of luck, as Ben Franklin once said, then education must be its father. Our clients get great homes in part because they are better schooled than other buyers — in which houses offer the best value, in what to expect as real estate transactions unfold, and just how to craft and present a winning bid.
At Zane, our mantra is “Education, education, education,” and here’s how it works.
Invariably, we start by learning your “must-haves” in a home. From that, we’ll help you create a list of criteria by which you can evaluate every house you see. (It’s an invaluable tool to save time and refine your search.) Together, we’ll view a targeted selection of homes to ensure we fully understand your tastes. We’ll also introduce you to lesser-known neighborhoods that often hold exceptional value.
As the hunt intensifies, you’ll also get a crash course in the terms, processes and paperwork of real estate transactions so that it all ceases to be strange and starts to make sense early on. That way, when the pace picks up and the prize is within sight, you can stay focused on getting the house.
The bidding process can be nerve-wracking even for the coolest and most quantitative among us, so we want you to be ready: Familiar with what’s unfolding, certain that your bid is strong yet prudent, and confident that you’re making one of the biggest financial decisions of your life wisely.
We strongly believe that before you spend a small fortune on a home, you should first invest the time needed to understand how real estate really works. Knowledge is a powerful antidote to the confusion (and, at times, terror) that many buyers feel when pushed to make a decision before they’re ready.
At Zane, we never push a client to get a commission. Never. Instead, for more than 30 years we have served clients by taking the time to get to know them and the home they hope to find. When you have the tools (and facts) to understand the housing market, you can make an informed decision. It’s that simple. And once you’re comfortable with the process and excited about that house that calls to you, you’ll know. At that point, rest assured, we will move heaven and earth to help you buy your home.
We can even help move earth after you get the house: We know some great local landscapers, gardeners, architects, painters, contractors and so on. We are always happy to hear from clients and glad to help.
Our services for home buyers include:
- We’ll help you articulate your goals
- Compile a list of must-have and nice-to-have features
- Obtain lender pre-approval
- Familiarize you with the market and the process so you will not be overwhelmed later
- Next, we’ll screen the market for opportunities
- Unearth unlisted properties via the “whisper network”
- Explore less-known neighborhoods
- Present the best to you for evaluation
- We’ll help you assess the home: reviewing inspections and disclosures
- Appraise the home value
- Craft a successful offer
- Invoke the solid reputation of Zane (our deals don’t fall apart)
- Clinch the deal and shepherd the closing
- Provide guidance on improvements
- Recommend experts to assist you
- Provide on-going real estate consultation and concierge services
Current ListingsView All
3 Bed2 Bath2404 Sq Ft 10324 Sq Ft
2 Bed2 Bath1629 Sq Ft